Charleston Wesley United Methodist Church logo

coming up at Wesley

Upcoming Events

A DISCIPLE’S PATH

7-Week Study to Be Offered Beginning September 29

Do you want to know more about what it means to be a disciple of Jesus Christ? Are you hungering to go deeper in your life of faith and discipleship? Are you looking for a spark to get you back on track spiritually or to kick your spirituality up a notch? Are you curious to know more about what it means to be a United Methodist? Do you wish you could learn more about your spiritual gifts and find meaningful ways of serving others? A Disciple’s Path is for you. This seven-week study, led by Rev. Tom, will begin the week of September 29. A session will be offered on Sundays from 4:00-5:00 p.m., and another will be offered on Wednesdays from 5:45-6:45 p.m. Materials will include a Daily Workbook ($15 or less) and an optional Companion Reader for exploring deeper. Sign up at the Information Center or by calling or emailing the church office, or indicate your interest on your Making Connections card. We hope to see you there!

SECOND ANNUAL CHARLESTON HUNGER HIKE

The Second Annual Charleston Hunger Hike is set to take place on the morning of Saturday, October 5 in Morton Park. In the upcoming weeks, Hunger Hike walkers will seek sponsors to help support their participation, with 75% of the funds raised benefiting various food pantries in Charleston. The remaining 25% will go to an international organization—this year, the Haiti-focused Meds and Food for Kids (mfkhaiti.org). If you interested in representing Wesley UMC in the Hunger Hike, you may secure a pledge packet by contacting Rich Wandling at rich.a.wandling@gmail.com or 549-3121.

ArrowIcon BloggerIcon AimIcon DeliciousIcon PaperIcon EtsyIcon FacebookIcon FilmStripIcon FlickrIcon CameraIcon LaunchIcon GooglePlus2Icon GooglePlusIcon HeartIcon InformationIcon InstagramIcon LastfmIcon FrontCameraIcon LinkedInIcon EmailIcon MoneyIcon ItunesIcon MyspaceIcon OpenTableIcon PayPalIcon PencilIcon PersonIcon PhotoIcon PicasaIcon PinterestIcon PodcastIcon RssIcon ShoppingCartIcon SoundCloudIcon StarIcon TableProjectIcon TheCityIcon TumblrIcon Twitter2Icon TwitterIcon TypepadIcon VideoIcon VimeoIcon WordPressIcon YelpIcon YoutubeIcon